CONTEXT: Ms Gauer’s Eng. 9, Per. 4 Class Was Assigned a Project to Design a Utopian City, collaborating with other classmates to achieve optimal values & design. This is my part of the project.
- Name: le’Parobore
- Values: Freedom, Peace, Justice, Law and Order
- Motto: Pacem in Robore (Peace Through Strength)
- Symbolic Colours: Red, Blue, White
Laws & Citizen Rights:
- Freedom of Speech, religion, and the press is guaranteed at all costs to both the citizens and non-citizenship residents of this city. However, freedom of action can be limited due to the person / group’s legal records
- All residents of le’Parobore has a right to organize or participate in an anti-government rally / protest, and all legal citizens are guaranteed the right to request impeachment of certain political member
- The president who was legally elected to be the leader of le’Parobore has the right to force the resignation of a parliamentary deputy, but can be impeached by the Prime Minister and the Supreme Court under proper procedure and agreements made beforehand
- All legal citizens of le’Parobore are guaranteed with the right to bare small arms, but this right can be limited due to the person / group’s legal records
- All types of rallies / protests are legal, and must be protected by the Law and the Law Enforcement agency of the region. However, protests / rallies consisting of domestic violence or hate toward certain group or person can be suppressed with non-lethal method by the Law Enforcement agency of the region, and the actions of the Law Enforcement agency in this case will be justified by law
- Should population levels rise to an inappropriate level, citizens must seek permission from the local government to propagate
Defense & Social Order:
- The military will be maintained with federal budget, be completely optional for both men and women. Members in service are obligated to service only their homeland
- The Armed Forces of le’Parobore is responsible for national security, and protection of sovereignty of le’Parobore against any types of threats
- All citizens of the age of 18 and higher are required by law to provide 20% of their income of any sorts to the state. However, labourers and low-income workers of which their average income is below $82.52 per hour are not required by law to provide their tax money for the state. Citizens whose average income is above $1,230 per hour are required to provide 32% of their income of any sort to the state
- Low income workers will receive special benefits from the government such as a 30% discount on health insurance, and 10% discount on any types of daily necessary resources
- Civilians can only wield small firearms for self protection or crime prevention. Any other uses will result in punishment. Civilians who wish to wield a firearm must go through proper training and earn a gun ownership license
Social Welfare Eligibility:
- Credit score must be above 600
- Criminal record must have fewer than 3 entries
- Applicants must have at least a Grade 12 education
- Transport industry, supports both commodity and passenger transport
- Primary technological industry, builds commodities in technology that can be used across the country (laptops, cellular devices, monitors)
- Secondary technological industry, supports cellular plans, entertainment subscriptions, program innovation
Design: le’Parobore Section 47 was designed to show 3 types of transport (Subway, Road Travel, Airborne Travel), reflecting the first statement in le’Parobore’s Economics Plan.
There are also buildings that support the technological industry. 2 buildings have satellite dishes on their roofs, suggesting they support le’Parobore’s secondary technological industry, mentioned in the Economics Plan.
The primary technological industry, mentioned in le’Parobore’s Economics Plan, is represented by a partially covered factory, behind a government building.
A government building in the centre of Section 47 represents the support the local and federal government will have for their cities, being within a short distance from living accomodations. Being close to housing gives civilians an ease of access to various permits and programs that will benefit them.
The large mass of people in front of the Government building reflect that anti-government protests are permissible, should they ever occur.
The grid system in le’Parobore’s streets improves ability to have emergency assistance vehicles from various sections approach housing, should an emergency in the city occur.
Background: le’Parobore was named in such a way that it reflected the motto my group decided the city will uphold: Peace through Strength. The name was taken off of Google Translate in Latin, as “pacem in robore”, and condensed to fit one word. To follow suit with the motto, symbolic colours in our city include Red, Blue, & White; Red for Strength, Blue for Justice, and White for Peace.