The infographic above describes what a digital footprint is, how it works, and how to prevent negative effects including losing your career because of something you shared on social media. I’ve added few pointers on how to make the most of social media and expand one’s digital footprint. Canva is a program that can be used to create a digital poster among other things.
Personal/Social Competency Reflection
I work to create and sustain online connections in a variety of ways, including deleting accounts that I no longer use and remaining involved both online and in my community. To avoid a sour online reputation, I still maintain a professional online presence.
2. Giving a time limit is one of my preferred strategies for keeping a safe, balanced online presence. For instance, I have up to three timers set in the day: one for when I wake up in the morning, one for when I am on my phone/computer, and one for when I sleep. It is important to understand when you must turn off your phone and it is difficult to turn off if you are on for an extended period of time.
3. I think my experiences as a digital citizen, such as having multiple social media apps and having a healthy environmental digital space. These influenced my choice of hobbies such as sports, cooking and reading because I saw it on social media almost everyday.
1. How was the ease of access in building your flipbook, despite this being the free and limited version of the software?
The website was really fun to build the flipbook since I knew about the website before hand and all the tools I needed were easy to access
2. Were you able to apply the skills you learned in the planning stages appropriately to a digital environment?
Yes because it was easier than the planning stage since I had everything prepared.
3. What were the sources you researched that made this an “authentic make-believe” American Revolution flipbook?
I just looked in the notes I had for socials for most of the cards (John Hancock, and the Boston massacre) but for the other i just looked it up on a few websites like Wikipedia and History.
4, Is there other software online that could have done the job better? Did you use another software instead? Explain.
I did not use any other software and I don’t think another software can compare to this one except for power point. I think this since everyone used PowerPoint before. Its easy to use and most people use it a lot more so they’re use to it.
Tim Burton, in Edward Scissorhands, used the ending scene to show the meaning behind the story to have a good ending and make people more invested. For example, in my own interpretation, I changed the camera angle to a different angle then the movie for some scenes because I thought it would look better. I also changed the objects for scenes like the ice. The ice in the show had a shape to it and this ice did not because storyboard wouldn’t let me cut it into a person or something like that.
This adaptation from film to visual novel taught me that editing is important in a movie like shots and framing, camera angles, lighting etc. This unit also taught me how to locate all those things on the screen.