For my self assessment I chose to use my final Shakespeare project to reflect on. We were asked to create a Digital Awareness Campaign (photo above) for one of the major themes in Romeo and Juliet; I chose violence. The second part of the assignment gave you 6 different options to choose from. I chose to create a five song soundtrack for a movie production of the play and write about my reasoning for each song. I can demonstrate creative thinking through this project by generating new ideas and building on the ideas of others. I can persevere over time to develop my ideas, I expect setbacks, but use that to develop my ideas. I appreciated the creative freedom given to us with this unit project and feel it helped me to achieve my full potential for this assignment.
Starting this project I chose my friend Tyler as my partner because I already knew we would have good communication and be able to create a positive project. The best thing we did was assign ourselves different sections of the assignment to focus on separate parts. Doing this gave us the ability to both be working during class as well as taking our own parts home to work on. I demonstrated communication through the body biography project we did in my English 10 class. There were times where we disagreed but it was always over something iota and we never had it weigh over us for too long. Overall this project was a complete success and hope I am able to continue growing in all aspects of my learning and development.